- Not necessary for salvation - Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Peter 3:18-21
- Taught by Christ as a sign of discipleship - Matthew 28:19-20
- A sign of repentance - Acts 2:38
- Associated with the work of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 3:11; Acts 19:2-6
- A symbol of death to sin and a resurrected spirit life - Romans 6:1-6
Baptism doesn't make someone a believer, but it shows what takes place in your heart at the time of salvation, that you:
- Already believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Share in Christ's death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old Life), then rising again (new Life).
- Were symbolically washed clean, and your sins were forgiven by his death on the cross.
Any person who believes in Christ and desires to take this next step of faith.
*We do not baptize infants. Children under the age of 12 will be considered on an individual basis.